Install a different hood scoop on a 2001 Ford Mustang GT Bullitt

A collection of random how to articles that I've compiled. The sky is the limit.
southhawkct
Site Admin

Install a different hood scoop on a 2001 Ford Mustang GT Bullitt

Post by southhawkct »

Disclaimer! Warning this is to be used as a guide and I will not be held responsible if anything goes wrong or you break anything. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Install a different hood scope on a 2001 Ford Mustang GT Bullitt
Installed on: 09-19-2010
Total Install time: 1 hour

Back story...
Me and the wife were driving on the highway in the Bullitt going to a birthday when all of a sudden i see a wild turkey in my lane. I had a car to my right and i couldn't move over. The turkey jumps at the last second clears the front bumper hits the hood and BAM!!!!!!! SLAMS into the hood scoop. The turkey hit it so hard the scoop completely rips off and then it hits my window shield and flys over the car. The good thing is we are both safe and i guess the fact that it hit the scoop first and NOT the windshield is a blessing! Here was the aftermath

I was lucky enough to find someone with a 04 black GT hood. So i cleaned up my hood and transplanted the black hood scoop.

The install wasn't difficult at all. First you remove the hood liner by a bunch of clips. Next, there's just a couple of bolts that hold the scoop to the hood. That's it, not difficult at all.

Install Pics

---
South Hawk Computing LLC Owner :ugeek:
Any advice / recommendations given on this forum should ONLY be preformed at the user's own risk. South Hawk LLC does not offer any guarantees or warranties when a user attempts to try these fixes on their own. We are NOT responsible for any damages that may or may not occur to your devices. :geek: