Windows Apache v2.4 & PHP v7 Memory leak with phpbb

A collection of random how to articles that I've compiled. The sky is the limit.
southhawkct
Site Admin

Windows Apache v2.4 & PHP v7 Memory leak with phpbb

Post by southhawkct »

Hello internet. So i found that upgrading to php 7.0 or 7.1 with apache 2.4 causes a memory leak on multiple windows machine. Previously, i did not have a memory leak with php version 5.6. however i did find that the 64 bit version of apache/php climbed all the way up too 256MB of Ram consumption and then automatically restart the service. The bad news is, the 64bit version would take ~ 1 min for the service to crash out and restart a new instance and making the site unreachable. Interestingly enough, i gave the 32 bit version a try. The 32 bit version would consume about 512MB of ram before crashing/restarting. The good news is, it takes <5 seconds for it to do this and it doesnt make the site unreachable. hopefully this helps someone out there! enjoy! :geek:
---
South Hawk Computing LLC Owner :ugeek:
Any advice / recommendations given on this forum should ONLY be preformed at the user's own risk. South Hawk LLC does not offer any guarantees or warranties when a user attempts to try these fixes on their own. We are NOT responsible for any damages that may or may not occur to your devices. :geek: