How to downgrade Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3 Bios

A collection of random how to articles that I've compiled. The sky is the limit.
southhawkct
Site Admin

How to downgrade Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3 Bios

Post by southhawkct »

I recently update to the F20 bios and my system has been completely unstable. with a Intel Xeon E5-2660 processor.

I tried different memory (1333 and 1600Mhz), different hard drives, and even tried windows 10 and windows 7. After 12 hours, the computer always locks up. I use to have bios F11, its no longer listed on your web site. Luckily i was able to get a hold of Gigabyte's tech support. Don't bother trying to make an account, because it doesnt work. Just click on logging by Facebook or with your google account. They were nice enough to give me the F11 bios as well as the old version of "@bios". Oh and no i couldn't do a bios recovery because i accidentally over wrote it (long story). Hope this helps someone out there.
---
South Hawk Computing LLC Owner :ugeek:
Any advice / recommendations given on this forum should ONLY be preformed at the user's own risk. South Hawk LLC does not offer any guarantees or warranties when a user attempts to try these fixes on their own. We are NOT responsible for any damages that may or may not occur to your devices. :geek: